Friday, March 25, 2016

Demeter Chocolate Chip Cookie Perfume Review

I tried a handful of Demeter samples to see if I could find one that really smelled like chocolate. I sampled Chocolate Chip Cookie, Dark Chocolate, Brownie, and Devil's Food. Chocolate Chip Cookie was my favorite, hands down.


This perfume comes in a rectangular, one ounce, glass bottle with the signature Demeter label. It sprays out a fine mist. I find that two spritzes are all I need.


The scent reminds me of chocolate chip cookies from Safeway, which are my favorite store bought cookie. You get hints of vanilla and chocolate. It basically smells like chocolate chips mixed with cookie dough, just like an actual cookie. It's intoxicating.

The fragrance stays the same from initial spritz through to dry down. It's not complex, but I didn't want it to be. It's not going to beat the smell of real chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven, but it's a nice way to come close.

It lasts for a couple hours on me and then I need to re-spritz. It's also not terribly strong, so someone needs to be close to you to notice the scent. I'm ok with that, because I don't like overpowering fragrances. 

Demeter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cologne Spray is great for when you want to feel comforted or uplifted. It's just like the label says - it's a "pick-me-up"! I always feel happier after I put it on. The only problem is that it does make me want to eat cookies!

Here are the ingredients:


If you like gourmand, foodie perfumes then you'll love this scent. But just to be sure, try a sample vial first!

No comments:

Post a Comment