Thursday, March 17, 2016

Kiko Velvet Mat - Satin Lipstick

I recently picked up a Kiko Velvet Mat Satin Lipstick in the color 612 Strawberry Pink.


The packaging is black with white script. It's very simple and straightforward. The lipstick is housed in a gorgeous rose gold metal tube. One side has a gold accent. It reminds me of a clutch purse or a piece of jewelry. I like to leave it out on my vanity because it's so pretty to look at.


The other side says "Kiko Make Up Milano".


The tube opens by pressing down on the center of the top of the cap instead of pulling the cap off. It's very cool and different than any other lippie that I own.

The lipstick itself is a regular bullet.


The color Strawberry Pink is more of a mauve pink with some brown mixed in. It's an easy everyday color. It's opaque and matte, but not as matte as a liquid lipstick. It has a gel feeling and is relatively comfortable to wear. It has a little slip so that your lips don't feel so dry. I get a few hours of wear out of this before needing to reapply. It starts to wear off the middle of my lips.

Here are some swatches.

Inside, no flash:


Inside, with flash:


Outside, no flash:


Here's a shot of me wearing it.


I wish this were a bit more hydrating. However, for a matte lip product it is fairly tolerable and I am tough to please with that type of formula. I do wish Strawberry Pink has less brown in it, so I may have to try some other colors. Aside from those concerns, this is a solid choice for a matte lipstick - especially for the price!

Kiko seems to have a lot of sales and they have free shipping on orders of $25 or greater. I'll probably get more of these just for the stunning lipstick tube!


No comments:

Post a Comment