Friday, February 19, 2016

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette

I was so excited about the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani collaboration! I got a few of the items in the collection and will review them all. Today, I wanted to take a look at the blush palette.

First, let's look at the packaging. The box that it came in has a black and gold stripe geometric design.




The palette itself is white and gold with a circle design. I love it! It's nice and clean and makes me look forward to opening it up.


The palette houses six round powder blushes and has a nice built-in mirror that says, "Magic's in the makeup."

The top row is Cherry, Easy and Angel and the bottom row is Lo-Fi, Hush and OC. After testing these for a few weeks, I like Cherry and Easy the best for blush. Hush is pretty for blush, too, and I have even applied very lightly for highlighter. For my skintone (NW20), Angel can be either a highlighter or blush. Lo-Fi could be a bronzer or a contour. I have used it both ways and it looks nice applied with a light hand, however, it would not be my go-to for either. It's a bit too warm for contour and to be honest, I'm just not a big bronzer person. I would have preferred another blush in place of Lo-Fi. OC is a shift color and looks different depending on how the light hits it - it's peachy with iridescence. It's a unique color, but not one that I have reached for that often.

Here are some swatch photos in various lighting. From top to bottom in each shot are Cherry, Easy, Angel, Lo-Fi, Hush and OC.

Inside, no flash:

Inside, with flash:

Outside, no flash:

Sorry for the goosebumps! It's chilly today!

Here is a shot of me wearing Easy:

I think this palette would be great for light to medium skin tones. If you have similar coloring to Gwen herself, then you'll be all set. For me, I love this palette! Even though Lo-Fi and OC aren't my favorites, I like Cherry, Easy, Hush and Angel enough to feel like it's worth it overall. Not to mention, the whole experience is enjoyable. I like the packaging, I enjoy the blushes themselves, I haven't experienced any breakouts from these blushes, and I find them to be easy to apply and long-wearing.

Definitely worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment