Friday, February 5, 2016

Tokyomilk - Everything & Nothing

I've tried a few fragrances from the Tokyomilk dark line and haven't been a fan. The Femme Fatale roller ball sampler from Sephora was a disappointment for me with one exception. I hated three of the four scents (Tained Love, La Vie La Mort, and Bulletproof made me want to wash my wrists immediately after application), but Everything & Nothing is quite another story.

It opens with a bright citrus scent that leads to a soft floral. As it dries down, you get a hint of  the tea note. I don't know what desert moss smells like, so I can't say I've been able to detect that one. Overall, it's mostly orange and tea, which is both uplifting and comforting.

Like many other Tokyomilk perfumes that I've tried, Everything & Nothing doesn't last very long. I get a couple hours and then it just fades away. I'm ok with that, though. I don't need to knock people out and I can always re-apply later in the day if the mood strikes.

I also really like the container. It has an apothecary feel and is very understated. I especially like the box that it came in.
I have a hard time finding fragrances that I like that aren't embarrassing to share (Britney Spears Fantasy comes to mind here. It just reminds me of Joop men's cologne from the 90s. I'm all about keepin' it classy.) So it's always nice to come across a perfume that I enjoy wearing, that isn't too expensive, and that I would be proud to reveal the name if asked. It's everything because it fits all my requirements and then it fades to nothing after you wear it for a little while. See what I did there? How aptly named.

No comments:

Post a Comment