Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation

I have tried so many foundations with little success. My skin doesn't like anything. Estee Lauder Double Wear? Makes me break out. MAC Face and Body? Yup, that breaks me out, too. Too Faced BB cream? Cover FX drops? MAC Mineral Skin Finish Natural Powder? Supergoop CC Cream SPF 35? Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue BB Cream? Oh dear lord, no! My skin hates them all.

So when I saw the ingredient list for Lily Lolo Mineral foundation, I was was intrigued. Here is the list:  Ingredients: Gluten free, suitable for vegans, Mica, Zinc Oxide, May Contain Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. That's four ingredients, folks! Four ingredients that are clear and easy to research. I have tons of products with mica and iron oxides that don't cause me any problems. Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are physical sunscreens which are in my everyday sunscreen, so I know those are fine. And that's it!

So I decided to give it a shot. I ordered samples in three shades:  Porcelain, China Doll and Blondie. They come in tiny sample pots, but give you enough product to test every day for at least a week. I like to try new products for 3-7 days, so that's great.

After a week, angels sang and the clouds parted. This foundation did not make me break out!! So I ordered a full size container.
I decided that China Doll was the best match, because Porcelain was really pale and Blondie was a bit too dark. China Doll is just right.
It's a very similar experience to other loose mineral foundations. The texture is silky and it blends easily. It doesn't have any scent. It comes in a sifter container that closes so that you can leave the house without getting powder all over everything.

Since this foundation has mica in it, it's not totally matte. I remedy that by applying Clinique Blended Face Powder in Transparency Neutral over my sunscreen and concealer. Then I apply the Lily Lolo foundation more heavily with a MAC 286 brush over any redness or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Then I take a MAC 187 brush and dip it lightly in the foundation and buff it all over my skin. The result is very natural.

I am so grateful for Lily Lolo foundation. It's applies beautifully, it's easy to use, the price is reasonable, and it doesn't irritate my skin. It's a win!

Check out my review on Youtube, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment