Saturday, March 26, 2016

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Review

I got a set of the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks around the holidays. I'm sorry to say that it's not available anymore, but you can definitely still buy the full-size.


The shades that I got were Caramello, Aria, Como, Patina, Chianti and Fiery.


These lippies come in a clear plastic tube with a golden colored cap. The script on the tube is also gold. Each tube has a doe foot applicator. The doe foot picks up a lot of product, though, so be sure to wipe off excess before applying!

 
These are described as "long-lasting color with a lightweight, super comfortable feel and matte finish that stays in place for up to 6 hours of continuous wear, and never leaves lips feeling dry". Unfortunately, that was not my experience. I only got about two hours of wear and then the color started to crack and wear off the center of my lips. Reapplying was not possible, as it caused the product to look uneven and pulled off some of the original application. These are definitely matte, so that is accurate. I did not find them comfortable or non-drying. For me, they are incredibly drying and accentuate all the fine lines in my lips. I exfoliated prior to wearing this lip product, so my lips were smooth. I also applied lip balm and then blotted it lightly before application to make sure my lips were hydrated. However, my lips still looked dry and wrinkly. This was not nearly as noticeable when I was smiling, as you'll see in the photos.

One other thing to note is that these liquid lipsticks have a vanilla fragrance. It's quite synthetic and overwhelming, and I generally like vanilla scented products. It does fade after the lipstick dries down, however.

To be fair, I am very sensitive to non-hydrating lip products and really prefer something glossy and moisturizing. For someone that doesn't mind liquid lipsticks in general these might be tolerable. Some of the colors are very beautiful and they do look nice when they are freshly applied.

Here's a collection of what they look like when worn.

Caramello:


 Patina:


Como:


Aria:


Fiery:


Chianti:


Here are the swatches. The colors from top to bottom are Fiery, Chianti, Patina, Como, Aria and Caramello.

Inside, no flash:


Inside with flash:


Outside, no flash:


Out of all the shades, Como was my favorite. It looks intimidating in the tube, but I think it's a really fun purple and it makes your teeth look extra white!

I'm sad that the formula didn't work out for me. I think I may have to look to more regular matte lipsticks instead of liquid lipsticks. In the meantime, I'll be crossing my fingers for glossy lips to make a comeback!

No comments:

Post a Comment