Monday, February 29, 2016

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Pearl

Like I said yesterday, Pearl was the last shade that I got of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the pressed formula. I thought about getting the Champagne Glow Palette at Christmastime (as reviewed by Temptalia, here), but I was fairly certain that Blushed Copper and the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop shade would be too dark for my fair skintone. So, I waited and got Pearl as a single.

The packaging is sleek and simple.


 The compact itself is housed in a plastic and metal compact.


The compact has a built in mirror.


There are a few ingredients that concerned me as potential acne triggers (petrolatum, paraffin and wax), but I've been using Pearl, as well as the other pressed Becca highlighters for a few months without any problems.


The powder itself is white and shimmery.


This highlighter applies smoothly. It's very creamy and soft. I apply it lightly under my brows, on top of my cheekbones, inner corners of the eyes, cupid's bow and to the tip of my nose with my Wayne Goss 02 brush. Pearl is very shimmery and can be too white if you're not careful. It can also accentuate pores and fine lines. If I feel like I've gotten carried away, I just take my Real Techniques powder foundation brush and blend, blend, blend. I try to be especially careful, not only with the fine lines around my eyes and pores in my cheeks, but also with the cupid's bow. Too much highlighter in that area can look like a sweaty upper lip, which is not a look that I'm going for!

Here's a shot of me wearing Pearl.


Pearl is the lightest highlighter that I own. I think that it's a gorgeous option for fair skin. It adds a nice glow, wears all day and can be built up or toned down, depending on the look that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment