Friday, February 26, 2016

Biolage Waterless Clean and Full Dry Shampoo

I stopped by Cosmoprof the other day to stock up and I spied a new dry shampoo! Well, it's been out for a little while, but it's new to me! So I snapped it up!

It's the Biolage Waterless Clean and Full Dry Shampoo.

I like a lot of Biolage products, so I was hoping this one might be a winner. It comes in an aerosol spray can, like many dry shampoos. It's designed to absorb excess oil on second day hair. This formulation is also supposed to add volume.

The ingredients looked innocuous, so that is a good start.

I've been using this dry shampoo since last Saturday. My experience with this product has been pretty great! It sprays evenly with a fine mist and doesn't clog.

It doesn't leave any white residue or flakes. It dries quickly and doesn't make my hair feel crispy. It absorbs oil well and actually does help add more volume to my roots.

I actually put this to the test yesterday. I oversaturated my hair with my flat iron spray (AG Firewall) and so it was looking greasy. To attempt to correct this, I sprayed the Biolage dry shampoo all over my hair. It actually worked! It absorbed the excess flat iron spray without making my hair look dry and crunchy. I was so relieved I didn't have to wash my hair and start all over!

The only tiny problem is that the scent isn't my favorite. It's not terrible, but it's just odd. It reminds me of my Grandma's old school powdered toothpaste. I couldn't figure out where I was getting that from, but then I read that it's supposed to smell like sweet peppermint. The good news, however, is that the fragrance completely dissipates after you apply it. I never get a whiff later in the day and so it doesn't compete with my perfume or give me a migraine.

I'm really impressed with this dry shampoo! I am very picky and this one ticks all the boxes. It makes me hair look clean, adds volume, the scent doesn't linger, it doesn't bother my skin, it sprays easily and it makes my hair feel soft. I love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment