Thursday, February 25, 2016

Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in Bittersweet

I never really thought about buying purple blush until I saw the Urban Decay Afterglow blush in Bittersweet. I have a million pinks and peaches in my blush collection, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

It's a gorgeous, true purple in the pan. It reminds me of grape Hubba Bubba.



The case is gray metal and feels substantial in my hand.


The compact is easy to open and the blush itself is large enough to accommodate a variety of blush brushes.


The ingredients are listed on the back and nothing concerned me.

I've been wearing this blush for a few weeks and like it quite a lot. Urban Decay states, "Urban Decay Afterglow Blush leaves a sexy, lit-from-within glow. Fake a perfect flush with this eight-hour formula that creates the lingering, radiant look of a romantic rendezvous. Infused with light-diffusing pigments to enhance and perfect the skin, this highly-blendable, finely milled formula goes on sheer and provides eight long hours of lightweight, wearable, ultra-creamy color.". I would agree with this entire description. I found this blush formula to be long-wearing, easy to apply, and the color was buildable.

I used my Real Techniques blush brush, which gives very diffused coverage. Bittersweet is bright and could be built up to a deep purple. I like to sheer it out, since I'm pretty fair. (NW 20). Applied with a light touch, it's a beautiful, soft blackberry color. The best part is that it didn't irritate my skin at all - no breakouts!

Here's a swatch:

Here's me wearing it outside:

I highly recommend this blush! I would love to see them come out with a palette - maybe a cool toned blush palette and a warm toned one. In the meantime, though, I've got my eye on Quickie and Rapture.

No comments:

Post a Comment