Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It - Review

I got a sample of Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It in a recent Sephora Play box. The description on Sephora's site says, "What it is formulated to do:  Air-dried hair is having a moment. The not-so-great thing about an air style is texture can be unpredictable and flyaways have a mind of their own. This innovative hair cream creates a more refined take on this relaxed style for great hair days—without the heat or hassle. A texture-enhancing blend of lightweight polymers boosts hair’s natural texture and adds bounce while a plant-based conditioning blend keeps hair soft and hydrated."

Don't Blow It has a fresh scent that reminds me of a clean smelling shampoo. It isn't strong or offensive and goes away completely after you apply it. It's white and the texture is thin, like a watery moisturizer. I applied about a quarter size amount to damp hair and let my hair air dry. This is how it looked after it was all dry. (Note - I did flat iron my bangs. They get crazy when they air dry no matter what products I use.)

My hair didn't feel crunchy and it had good movement. However, it also didn't feel as hydrated as it normally does. So, to combat that, I tried it another time in combination with my regular hair products (Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss and AG Hair Cosmetics Repair Serum Keratin Anti-Breakage Sealant). Unfortunately, used by itself or with other products, Don't Blow It didn't really do that much. My hair felt the same with or without it. It might be different for someone with straighter hair, but it didn't seem like something that made a whole lot of impact for me. My hair is naturally wavy, color treated and medium to fine.

I've almost used up the sample because I wanted to give it a fair chance. But since it didn't really wow me, I definitely won't be buying a full-size container!

No comments:

Post a Comment