Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Ouai Wave Spray Review

I got the Ouai Wave Spray in a recent Sephora Play box. It smelled pretty good, so I was looking forward to trying it out on my hair. My hair is naturally wavy, fine and color treated. I usually like products that help add moisture and shine, but I'm always up for something new.

Here's what my hair looked like after washing/shampooing and applying the Ouai Wave Spray to damp hair. I let it air dry and scrunched it a little bit to help enhance the waves. (I felt like I was back in the 80s, when scrunching and mousse were popular!)

My hair was definitely wavier than normal and it was nice to take a break from heat styling. However, the scent was overwhelming and stayed strong until I washed my hair again. I am really sensitive to scents. I like hair products that smell good, of course, but I like the scent to fade away after application. This was a potent scent that reminded me of perfume.

The other problem with this wave spray was that it made my hair feel sticky and a little crispy. So while it looked wavy and beachy, it felt tangly and dry.

The Oaui Wave Spray may work wonderfully if you have silky, straight hair and are looking for some texture. But it didn't work out for my hair type, so I ended up using it as a room spray in my bathroom just so it wouldn't go to waste. I liked the scent in small doses, but it did end up making my floor sticky. Duh! I should have seen that coming.

I won't be buying a full-size of this, but it was fun to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment