Friday, August 12, 2016

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure Primer - Review

I've been trying a variety of primers for the last couple months and many have not made the cut. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure Primer is an exception, though! It had very mixed reviews on Makeup Alley, so I wasn't sure how it would work for me. My skin is combination, acne prone and I have some surface redness. I like a primer that is matte, but not chalky. I also like a siliconey texture without being so slippy that it never dries down.

The Too Faced Primer comes in a white tube that has some pink iridescence in certain light. I like that it's a tube, because it's easy to squeeze out. The lid is also easy to remove and snaps into place when you put it back on.



The texture is siliconey and similar to many silicone based primers. It looks like gel that is not quite opaque, but when applied, it goes on totally clear.


This primer has a bit of an unpleasant scent when you first apply it, but it goes away after you spread it over the skin. Then I never noticed any smell again and it didn't bother me.

It feels nice when you apply it and glides on easily. It does minimize the appearance of pores and it made my skin matte without being too drying or kicking up flakes.

Here's what my skin looks like without makeup.


And here's how it looks with just the primer.


And finally, here's how everything looks after I applied my makeup.


I found that my liquid foundations went on nicely over the primer. I tried it with mineral powder foundation, too, and that worked well if I set the primer with loose powder first and then added the powder foundation over the top. One time, I did notice that the primer was balling up around my eye area. So the next time, I applied less and focused on my tzone and didn't go all the way up to my eyes. That worked a lot better.

I haven't had any skin irritation or breakouts with the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure primer. It's oil free, which I really like. Here are the ingredients.

This primer has been wonderful to use and does help to make my makeup last longer and makes my  foundation apply seamlessly. The only downside is the weird smell upon first applying, but that goes away in seconds and then you're just left with smooth, mattified skin. I definitely recommend trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment