Monday, March 28, 2016

TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray Review

I've been working my way through the Ulta Hair Sampler - slowly but surely! Most recently, I've been using the TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray.


This hairspray comes in a silver aerosol can with black script and has a clear plastic cap. The packaging is very simple and clean looking. "BED HEAD" is in all caps with a typewriter font that I particularly like.

This product is described as having "Relentless hold and control - dries instantly! The more you use the harder it gets. Strong hold, subtle shine, and conditions as it controls hair. Adjusts hair's pH." I found this description to be relatively accurate, although I can't say whether it adjusted the pH of my hair or added any conditioning properties. I also didn't really notice that my hair had any added shine, but it didn't look matte or dull either.

I have used this hairspray when I wear my hair in a bun to tame fly-aways and keep my bangs swept to the side instead of falling in my face. Bed Head Hard Head has a citrus-y scent mixed with the alcohol smell that I commonly associate with aerosol hairspray. It's not a bad fragrance and it fades completely once the hairspray dries. I only used a couple spritzes and got increased control and hold without my hair feeling crunchy. You could really build this up if you were seeking more hold, but I just wanted medium hold. It also dried quickly and didn't leave any wet droplets of hairspray in my hair. My bangs stayed off my forehead all day and my hair didn't feel shellacked when I took it out of the bun.

My favorite thing about this hairspray is the force that is sprays out. It comes out in a very satisfying blast and I haven't had any problems with the sprayer clogging up.


Some hairsprays seem to spit, especially when the nozzle gets clogged and it's very frustrating. Bed Head Hard Head sprays a fine, continuous mist that allows for even application.

I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this so much! If you're looking for something to provide some buildable hold, this is absolutely worth checking out.

I plan to use it up and will definitely buy another one when I run out. I'll probably get a mini, though - I love mini hairsprays!

No comments:

Post a Comment