Monday, March 7, 2016

Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe

Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe is one of my HG eyebrow products!


I love it because the color is nice and ashy and gives definition to my brows without making me look like I drew them on with a Sharpie.

Dipbrow is a pomade and comes in a glass pot. The container is weighty and the lid is black with the Anastasia emblem on the top.


I like the packaging because it is simple and elegant. I have heard complaints that the pomade has dried out for some people, but I haven't really had that problem. I've also hard that storing it upside-down helps with this. I'm not sure if that's true, but I do it just in case.


The pomade is thick and kind of reminds me of shoe polish.

I've had mine for about a year and have barely made a dent in it.

To ready my brows for application, I brush them up with a spoolie and then I brush them down. That way, all the hairs are out of the way of the border and I can make a straight line on the top and bottom of my brow. I apply Dipbrow by gently dipping my MAC 266 brush in the product. Then I follow the shape of my brow above and below outwards including the tail, but not the square part. (I don't like the look of squared off brows - I think it looks harsh and artificial.) Then I brush up and down again with the spoolie to blend in the Dipbrow. Then I go over the whole brow with Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium to keep everything in place and add some color to the center part where I didn't apply Dipbrow.

Here's what the finished result looks like:


Dipbrow is great because it can look very natural. You can also build it up if you want a more dramatic brow. It doesn't transfer and it stays on until I take it off. It is more time consuming than just applying a brow gel, but the final result is much more polished.

If taupe isn't your color, Dipbrow comes in a wide variety of shade selections. I definitely recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment